PCOS(Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition where cysts develop on your ovaries interfering with ovulation and disrupting your menstrual cycle.
The symptoms of PCOS may include:
- Missed periods, irregular periods, or very light periods
- Ovaries that are large or have many cysts
- Excess body hair, including the chest, stomach, and back (hirsutism)
- Weight gain, especially around the belly (abdomen)
- Acne or oily skin
- Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair
- Small pieces of excess skin on the neck or armpits (skin tags)
- Dark or thick skin patches on the back of the neck, in the armpits, and under the breasts.
Women with PCOS are more likely to develop certain serious health problems. These include type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, problems with the heart and blood vessels, and uterine cancer. Women with PCOS often have problems with their ability to get pregnant (fertility).
If you have any of the above symptoms, contact the expert gynecologist at Sparsh Speciality Clinic.